(Click the heading of each individual section below for more detailed information.)
· 4 years of one language (Spanish or French)
· A minimum of 4 credits from select courses offered at ELGHS
· Students will complete independent reviews or reflections on
at least eight (8) works of international/cultural media,
including at least four (4) approved books.
· Reviews/reflections will be evaluated based on
common core standards for high school writing pieces.
· Students will demonstrate interest in global citizenship through active participation and leadership in at least four (4) activities during their high school career.
· Students will complete a global/cross-cultural public service project that involves:
o At least twenty (20) hours of work
o A connection to global community (different from one’s own) or to a global issue
o A project proposal to administrator of the GEAC prior to initiating the project
o A summary report upon completion of the project
Documentation: Students will be required to submit a print or digital portfolio that demonstrates understanding and deep learning. They will present their portfolio to the School Board during the spring of their graduation year, no later than the April Board Meeting of their graduation year.